Today I’m going to list all materials I use for scrapbooking. Obviously there are tons of different things you can use but this is what I have ready to go for my books.
- Binder/book (read Part 1 for my opinion on this)
- Photos (mentioned in Part 2)
- Sheet protectors – I bought mine super cheap on amazon. They are not the highest quality but they get the job done.
- Glue – I just use an Elmer’s glue stick. I have tried other things and they cost a ton and I’ve actually had more problems with them.
- Double sided tape – I use this to attach all pictures and large cut images. I used to buy the name brand but now I use cheapo Walmart stuff. It isn’t as good but I use enough of it that the cheaper tape makes sense for me.
- Tape – I actually don’t use this very much but you could use tape rolls to attach pictures if you wanted to cut costs even more.
|These tools just live on the corner of my desk.|
- Paper cutter (not pictured) – I am spoiled and have a super expensive heavy duty paper cutter that I use to cut paper and pictures. Scissors work fine too, my husband just blessed me with a paper cutter back in my teaching days so I have easy access.
- Cricut and accessories – I will do a separate post about what is needed for Cricuting.
- Stickers and embellishments – I actually have quite a few of these but I rarely use them because a) I just use my Cricut. b) The stuff I have is kinda girly and I currently only scrapbook for boys.
I also have my computer set up on my work station. I use it a lot for Cricut stuff but I have a couple other uses for it that I will mention in part 4!
As you can see, most of the essentials you probably already have laying around! Scrapbooking doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg.